Job Description for Registered Psychologist
Are you passionate about mental health, have a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills?
Are you looking for a position that gives you flexibility, autonomy and the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives? Are you interested in focusing on the mental and emotional needs of those you serve, as well as being part of a vibrant and growing multi-disciplinary team of providers?
Transforming Tides Counselling
We are currently seeking a full time/part timeRegistered Psychologist to provide psychoeducational testing and individual therapy to youth and adults. This is a contract position located within the office in Truro, Nova Scotia, with some opportunity to work remotely.
Transforming Tides Counselling is a professional, compassionate and client centered counselling service that offers virtual / online therapy across the Atlantic Provinces and in person therapy on location in Truro, Nova Scotia.
We help people learn to live life with ease
Our Core Values
This position offers you the option of flexible working hours along with the opportunity to increase your hours beyond part time if you desire. The position is part of a growing, collaborative and multidisciplinary team focusing on enhancing client well being from a compassionate, client centered care perspective.
By joining our team you will be provided with:
- Competitive compensation
- Referrals from a Waiting List
- Fully furnished office
- Administrative Support
- Office conveniently located in Truro near cafes and services
- The ideal candidate has a Masters degree and is Registered with The Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
- Must have own liability insurance and be able to practice independently.
- Must be self motivated and possess superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be experienced in maintaining professional personal boundaries.
- Have at least two years experience conducting psychoeducational assessments and psychotherapy to a variety of ages.
- Provide Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check required
- EMDR training is considered an asset.
For more info on our practice, check out our website: https: www.irenegunn.com